Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lunch Bag Coolness

Apparently there is some sort of hierarchy of coolness when it comes to lunch bags. Each of the Big Three have a reusable lunch sack that they take to school every day. Occasionally, one of them (okay, I'll name names: Matt) forgets to bring it home, which usually results in this scene the following morning:

Me (making sandwiches with one hand, cutting up apples with the other, and opening Ziplocs with my teeth): I don't see anyone's lunch bags...where are all the lunch bags?

[Big Three leap up from their breakfasts and scramble to find their backpacks. Two out of three return, lunch sacks in hand. (Okay, I'll name names: Matt can't find his.)]

Matt: (glumly, hitting head with hand) I left it at school.

Me: (rolling eyes) You have got to be more responsible. (continues packing lunches)

[Time to go to the bus]

Matt: Mooooommmm!!! I can't take my lunch to school in THAT! (THAT is a cool, copper-colored plastic bag with handles, lined inside with purple from Teavana...one of your higher-end plastic shopping bags.)

Me: What? That's a cool-looking bag, and it's sturdy, too.

Matt: But it's...girly. It has purple in it.

Me: (rolling eyes) Fine, you find another bag & re-pack your lunch.

And then this morning, fresh off some Christmas shopping yesterday, I put his lunch in a Disney store bag, replete with scenes of Mickey & Minnie in a Winter Wonderland. Considering that his normal reusable lunch sack features Toy Story 3, I figured a Disney bag would be a safe bet.

Matt: (eyeing Disney bag with a grimace) Mooooommmm!!! Don't we have just a normal grocery bag?

Me: (rolling eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment